7.29.2012

Liebster Blog Award

First of all, we apologize for not posting in awhile.  This past week our families went camping together.  And that meant no internet...don't worry, we survived.  ;)  Anyways, we had a ton of fun, but now we're ready to start posting again!


Without further ado, we are happy to announce that we've been nominated for the Liebster Award!
The wonderful Hannah from Lights. Camera. Fashion. awarded us.  Thank you so much Hannah!  She has been very kind to us from the very beginning of our blog.  :)



The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  Liebster is German and it means sweetest, kindest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

Rules:
• Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves to get to know the blogger.
• Answer the 11 questions that the person who awarded you posted to be answered.
• Choose 11 people to whom you want to award this.
• Tell them that you nominated them.
• And last, make up 11 questions for the next person to answer.

11 Random Facts About Kendall:
1. My favorite magazine is Seventeen.  Every issue is so fun to read, and I look forward to receiving it in the mail.  I learn something new in every edition!
2. This summer I volunteered at the library with my friend, and later I will be helping out at an elementary school.
3. I prefer shorts over jeans.  Jeans go with just about anything, but they can get too hot!  Shorts on the other hand are stylish, comfortable, and don't make my legs catch on fire.
4. My favorite actress/famous person is Shay Mitchell!  I love watching her on Pretty Little Liars, and absolutely adore her style as well.
5. One of my all-time favorite book series is "The Summer Series" by Jenny Han.  Her series is made up of three wonderful books including: "The Summer I Turned Pretty", "It's Not Summer Without You", and "We'll Always Have Summer."  I am obsessed with these books!
6. My favorite summer treat is ice cream!  It tastes so delicious- especially on a hot day.  I like pretty much any flavor.  :)
7. Right now my nails are painted cute little pastel-colored cupcakes.  I followed missglamorazzi's tutorial on how to make this simple and cute design. 
8. This morning I ate bread with Nutella spread on top.  I have been loving Nutella- so yummy!  I can't believe that it's considered healthy because it tastes so good!
9. Today I am wearing PINK Fresh & Clean Body Mist by Victoria's Secret.  This scent is so light and it smells great.  I wear it so often!
10. I can't wait until the iPhone 5 comes out!  Hopefully I will get it for my birthday or for Christmas.  If not, I'll just have to buy it myself. 
11. I love playing cards.  During summer school my friends and I would sit down between classes and play a bunch of card games.  My favorite is Egyptian War.  :)

11 Random Facts About Tiana:
1. A few of my favorite Youtubers are Macbarbie07, missglamorazzi, freshblush, and bubzbeauty. All of their videos are so informative and fun to watch!
2. I love red velvet cupcakes! (Especially with cream cheese frosting!) Even though they're just chocolate with red food coloring, I think is tastes better than plain chocolate. 
3. My favorite summer colors are mint, coral, and turquoise! They're all so pretty and make me happy.
4. Some of my favorite nail polishes are China Glaze "For Audrey," "Ruby Pumps," Essie's "Bikini So Teeny," and O.P.I's "Lunch at the Delhi."
5. My mom is a teacher at an elementary school (Kendall and I are going to help there for community service this summer.) My dad is a physician (he's a radiologist.)
6. I am extremely involved in music. I play the flute, piano, harp, and guitar. 
7. I am a teen model as well as a beauty queen. I started modeling in sixth grade and I won my first pageant in seventh. Throughout the experience, I have gained so much confidence and have met so many amazing friends. I've also learned a lot about beauty and fashion along the way!
8. Some of my favorite scents are "Be Enchanted" and "Warm Vanilla Sugar" from Bath and Body Works, and "Vanilla Lace" and "Ravishing Love" from Victoria's Secret's Garden Collection.
9. My current favorite book series is "Pretty Little Liars" by Sara Shepard. I can read those books over and over and not get tired of them! My favorite series as a young child was "The Boxcar Children."
10. I have normal/combination skin. My nose is oily, but my chin is dry! The rest of my face is pretty normal, though.
11. One of my favorite physical traits about myself it my hair! It's extremely easy to manage and it is naturally smooth and straight. 

Click "Read More" to read more of our answers and find out who we nominated!


Hannah's Questions:
1. Who/What inspired your blog?
K- There isn't one specific reason, but a bunch of things instead.  I would say Youtube, getting older, and becoming more interested in clothes/makeup.  Now I love shopping and trying out new products.  Of course, Tiana also was a part of starting the blog.  It's nice to have a friend who's just like me!
T- One main reason was Kendall! We have a lot of the same interests so the blog was a great way to share out ideas! Another thing was being highly involved in the fashion and beauty industry. Later, I became interested in the beauty community on Youtube which sparked my interest in the blogging world!
2. Who is your style icon?
K- Like I said above I really like Shay Mitchell's style.  I especially love what she wears in the new American Eagle ad.  It's so cute!
T- I really like Victoria Justice and Selena Gomez because their styles are both so laidback and casual yet cute and put together. 
3. What celebrity would you want to trade places with for a day? Why?
K- I think it would be amazing to trade places with any celebrity.  It would be cool to see what it's like to be so famous and have just about all the money you would ever need!
T- I would actually like to trade places with a Youtube celebrity like Macbarbie07 or missglamorazzi. They all work hard, but their lives seem really fun and enjoyable.
4. If you could only leave the house with ONE makeup product, what would you use?
K- I would have to say concealer.  It's honestly my life-saver.
T- Probably tinted lip balm! It's moisturizing and it gives your lips a nice touch of color.
5. What is your favorite quote?
K- "Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."  I practically live by this quote.  <3
T- “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” - Walt Disney. My parents say I'm a determined person who dreams big, so this quote fits me well. :) 
6. What is your favorite drugstore makeup product?
K- So far, I would have to say Maybelline Baby Lips.  Moisturizing, a pretty color, and at the right price.  It's such a great product!
T- I love a lot of them but I would say EOS lip balms! They're so moisturizing and come in such cute packaging! :)  
7. Who do you wish your celebrity best friend could be?
K- It would be pretty amazing to be friends with any celebrity!  Maybe a beauty guru, a singer, or some popular actress.
T- Basically any beauty guru, or one of the main Pretty Little Liar's actresses.
8. What is your favorite holiday?
K- Christmas, definitely!  It's such a fun and joyous season of gift giving and receiving.  The Christmas lights, the tree, Santa- everything makes the holiday great.  Can't wait for Christmas this year!  
T- I love the mood of Christmas! It's so joyful and everyone seems so happy. I love seeing all of my family at parties, and exchanging gifts. Every year on Christmas Eve, we get together with my mom's side and we have a huge Christmas party. On Christmas day, we get together with my dad's side at my cousin's beach house.
9. If you could wear only ONE color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
K- I really like the colors pink and blue, but I would probably get tired of wearing those colors everyday.  So, I would have to say white because you can accessorize your outfit to make it colorful and unique.
T- I would say turquoise. It always makes me happy when I look at it and works in pretty much all seasons.
10. What is your favorite TV series?
K- At the moment I have three- Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game, and Make It Or Break It!
T- PRETTY LITTLE LIARS! :)
11. What was the last thing you purchased?
K- The other day I bought a pink and red makeup/travel bag from Steve Madden.  Lovin' it!  :)  More recently though, I bought some clothes and makeup. 
T- A few products from Amway - (http://www.amway.com/) the bamboo & green tea shampoo and conditioner, and a vanilla sugar body lotion. I also received a lip gloss. 

Our Questions To You:
1. Who is your favorite youtuber/beauty guru?
2. How do you usually wear your hair?
3. What type of skin do you have?
4. Which facial cleanser do you currently use?
5. What is your all-time favorite nail polish?
6. What would you consider your biggest achievement?
7. What is your all-time favorite makeup product?
8. What is your favorite brand of clothing?
9. How would you describe your personal style?
10. Where do you usually like to shop?
11. Do you exfoliate? If so, what do you use?

Nominations:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

xoxo,
Kendall & Tiana
THIRTEEN

Visit our Polyvore!

LEAVE A COMMENT





16 comments:

  1. Thank you girls for nomination my blog~
    Now following your awesome blog :)
    Much love and stay in touch!

    http://underthesamebluesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! We love your blog and you deserved it. :) Thanks for following!

      xoxo,
      Kendall & Tiana
      THIRTEEN

      Delete
  2. thank you so much for awarding me with this, lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Your blog is so cute, we love it!

      xoxo,
      Kendall & Tiana
      THIRTEEN

      Delete
  3. Oh, you girls are so incredibly sweet!
    Thanks so much for nominating me, even though I haven't blogged in about a month.
    Your blog is adorable! Keep it up, girls!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're welcome! We love your blog as well!

      xoxo,
      Kendall & Tiana
      THIRTEEN

      Delete
  4. Thank you soo much for nominating me, it means a lot. I'm now following you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Your blog is great! :)

      xoxo,
      Kendall & Tiana
      THIRTEEN

      P.S. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  5. ooo what a nice lil surprise, thanks for the nomination though am on a lil hiatus at the moment! soo sweet! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! We love your blog. Can't wait til' you come back! :)

      xoxo,
      Kendall & Tiana
      THIRTEEN

      Delete
  6. AnonymousJuly 30, 2012

    Thank-you for the amazing nomination ^^. Your blog is too cute :) Following you. Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the wonderful comment! Your blog is adorable as well. Hope to hear from you again :)

      xoxo,
      Kendall & Tiana
      THIRTEEN

      Delete
  7. Loving your blog, i've never read a blog written by more than one person before, its great! :) I'm a new follower, you can check out and follow my blog if you wish at www.rollerbladesandvintage.blogspot.com

    Tata, Leah xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and for following! We're going to check out your blog right now! :)

      xoxo,
      Kendall & Tiana
      THIRTEEN

      Delete
  8. AnonymousJuly 31, 2012

    Thanks for following me, I'd love to follow back but I can't find your Bloglovin' .. :)

    Fee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fee!

      We don't have a Bloglovin', but we would be more than happy if you followed us through Google Friend Connect :)

      xoxo,
      Kendall & Tiana
      THIRTEEN

      Delete